Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finally, a new post!

Back to normal. I think I conquered my two weeks all-time low! Time really does heal everything. Still at some points during the day, I would terribly want to talk with mom but by the time I wait until she comes home from work, I wouldn't be too bothered to call. Instead, I'd feel the urge to watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother! Who else loves that show? Tomorrow, I'll be visiting Versailles gardens with Carolyn, who recently got here from Montreal and then going to a Canadian pub at night with a couple of friends from rez! I've checked out the menu and I'll be getting myself a 8.50 euro poutine, thank you very much. Missing you, Canada!

It's been a week I've started my internship in the Condensed Materials lab, at Collège de France, a few blocks away from Luxembourg. Since I was only able to take 4 courses this semester, I need to work in a lab to make up for the credits. I'm getting better at working in sync with karma, I can feel it. But GOD if I ever ever get a lab job again after Germany, someone please come and poke me in the eye. The work itself is not that boring but it's not what I aspire to do and I refuse to live the dream of a ghost.

There's one month left to my exchange. It really does feel like the end ever since I went to gare Montparnasse and bought my train ticket for Aachen. I'll try to make the most of it but I don't know Paris at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment