Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Monday, May 11, 2009

I became suddenly depressed this afternoon (while working at the lab, what a coincidence) at the thought of my life being too routine-like. I wake up at 8:00am. Eat breakfast, do whatever I need to do before heading out. Rush through the morning crowd in the Quartier Latin, I don't see anyone, I don't look, don't care. I've walked these streets too often. I get to the lab at 9:00, return home at 7:00pm. From then onwards, there's barely any time left to do anything. Seeing a friend quickly costs more than one hour. It is never enough. How many people live like this? Where is the human side of it all? This kind of life is absurd! I need people tweaking and messing around with my life and changing my destiny. I want my life to be a mess, period.

I went to the bakery after work and the baker-lady was having a hilarious but extremely rude conversation with a customer...
Lady : Allez vous en, je veux plus vous voir.
Customer : Oh madame, comme vous êtes gentille avec moi! À demain!
Lady: Mais non, vous pouvez seulement venir une fois par semaine. Voyez, vous avez déjà trois baguettes. Ça fait lundi, mardi, mercredi. Vous pouvez seulement revenir jeudi.

........

3 comments:

  1. How long is your work week? I've heard the hours are a bit shorter in France than they are here, but maybe labs are the same everywhere?

    I can see what you mean about routine. Isn't life supposed to be spontaneous and full of adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a crazy convo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that picture from? I think I have seen it before...
    I understand that routine feeling... I think it might be because you are so occupied with your studies/classes/labs that it is hard to have time to really have time to enjoy and apprciate the stuff you want! Hopefully taht will change soon with end of exams!!!
    And, that bakery convo made me laugh!
    Good day, Fanyi!

    ReplyDelete