Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Friday, May 15, 2009

Louvre night














I went back to the Louvre today. I can't keep count of the number of times I've gone back there. Now, everything is familiar enough so that I can take it all in, relax, and enjoy the overbearing details. I must have walked back and forth in the French Romanticism areas for over an hour, consistently coming back to basically two paintings: La Balsa de la Medusa and Liberty Leading the People. They're "les crèmes de la crème" - MASTERPIECES and it's almost impossible to compliment/critique them, because words are just not enough. You can just stare at them in awe. Especially La Balsa de la Medusa. It helps that the painting is huge.

I remember the first time I went to the Louvre, I felt so self-conscious and angsty and generally uncomfortable, being one among the hundreds of tourists. But now, I'm finally cured of that disease. I don't care about going to the Louvre alone, I actually enjoy it a lot. This is one of those things that an exchange does to you. Mine de rien, you turn fully confident in front of strangers. And you know that it's OK even if you don't feel like that. I hope I won't regress.

Afterwards, I went to rue St-Anne next to the Louvre with Zuza and her boyfriend Robert who came to visit from Poland to get Japanese food (lol this sentence sounds funny!). For those who are not from Paris, rue St-Anne is Japan heaven. There must be about 20 Japanese restaurants placed door-to-door from each other. Just great. And they stay open very late, since the French have the habit of eating later in the evening. Sorry, no pictures because I broke my camera! But I'll go get myself one tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich - I just think that memories are important to preserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment