Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Monday, May 25, 2009

In between Paris and Germany

It's so hot and humid in Paris these past couple of days that it is become impossible to study. I'm still very lucky because the window in my room faces the East and I only feel like roast pork in the afternoon. My friends in the residence whose rooms face the West says that they are forced to wake up by 7:30am because the sun and heat makes it impossible to sleep!

I am training to become more organized. For example, my first two exams are Wednesday and Thursday and I feel OK because I've been studying little by little over the past two weeks. When I'll be back at McGill in September, I've decided to take out 1-hour to review class notes everynight to keep the stress level low during exam time and human level high. This is something I should have done long ago and of course, I had to make the decision at the end of my years as an undergrad. Time's been going way too fast. I recently found out that two friends from my grade are the president and co-president of CUSS (Chemistry Undergraduate Society) next year and I had to pinch myself to realize that it isn't too early and that this IS our last year! We are the top dogs now. Joking.

On another note, I will be blogging for the DAAD's RISE program during my three months stay in Aachen, Germany! I received an email from them saying that they were looking for someone from Canada who'd like to blog about their experiences so I thought it would be a good idea to apply! I don't know what they're looking for though. I would still like to be really honest with how I feel and stuff but from what I have seen so far with the current bloggers, the posts seem pretty mechanical. Maybe DAAD forced them to be neutral? If you have time to spare: http://www.daad.de/blog

I was asked to send them a picture of myself and this is the one I chose (from a trip to Belgium in March):
It's the only decent front shot of myself that I have, the others are just too weird and/or random. But I'm wondering if the guy peeing on top (it's the Manneken Pis in Napoleon's costume!) could be considered censorable by a reputable institution? He is peeing on my head. Ya I'm worrying too much. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Ug, I hate the heat. Why roast pork, though? I think the DAAD blog is an interesting opportunity to share your pov with people who you would never be able to otherwise.

    ReplyDelete