Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tonight, I went to the 21st birthday party of this English exchange student from my residence. He should have been the pampered one all evening long but he really took care of his guests well! He always came back to insist on pouring another cup of sangria for us, although he was pretty drunk so it often happened to be in cups that were not our own... lol Anyway, meeting generous people like that always makes you reevaluate the way you treat others and change for the better. I'm always hesitant about attending themed parties (this one is School-Disco) but it turned out to be a huge success! It was a lot of fun and I got to meet quite a few other people from my residence.

I think I made it obvious by now how unhappy I am with the administration at my university over here, but the people who are running the residence turn out to be very responsible and efficient! Since the party was in the common kitchen of the residence, they sent a chaperone dude who stood inside the tiny room with us for the entire time! It's a weird way of doing things but in the end, it was a win-win situation since he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Here's a picture of candies at a fancy Chocolatier next to the Pantheon, a 5 minutes walk from my residence. YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. haha that's awsome. i remember they had a party like that at my rez in toluse but i was too tired to join and they had madonna on repeat till 3am in the morning. lol

    and yeah i concur about the frustration with the school admin. i've come to actually appreciate the Mcgill admin because the people here are so incredibly unorganized. they keep changing their minds about the undergrad class schedules like twice a day.

    i need to get skype so we can talk! keep up with the blog fanyi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're having fun! It must feel weird to be in a residence again (if you ever ever in one at McGill).

    ReplyDelete