Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I have always disliked protests. There must be another way to deal with problems other than creating noise and throwing garbage everywhere! Ugh. The students and professors of practically all universities in Paris are protesting against Sarkozy's government. I don't think it's about wages, I think it's about employment opportunities for researchers...something like that. Whatever they're angry about this time, I'm sure they're right (!), because the universities in Paris are so disorganized!!! I now realize that this is the worst time to do an exchange in Paris, because professors are on strike indefinitely and it's not certain whether they'll teach or not. None of my classes were cancelled just yet but you never know what might happen in the future.



As of now, I LOVE the city of Paris but, as you may have noticed, I HATE my university! World-leading university mon oeil. If in the future, I meet someone who wants to come to Paris for an exchange in science, I will physically try to stop them. Putting everything in perspective, I feel incredibly lucky to be studying at McGill, and having met so many great people during my time there. I miss its every little bit.


I am very happy with my weekend cause Melanie came from Brussels to visit me! We saw a big chunk of the most famous tourist attractions: Eiffel Tower, Invalides Museum (we saw the free side of it), l'Église du Sacré-coeur, le Moulin rouge, la cimetière de Montmartre, and the Louvre! Now I'll be sleeping in peace for the next few weeks knowing that I am not completely clueless about the attractions in Paris.


Melanie's video of us in the cemetary:



PS: I realized that this has become more my complaint blog than a traveling blog hahah. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. This music is too happy for a cemetary video!! Lol! Still really cool though. Melanie did a good editing job.

    See you soon, Fanyi!

    ReplyDelete