Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Butterfly Dream

Have you heard of Zhuangzi's dream of becoming a buttefly (see 02/22 quote of the day)? It is really an idea worth some time to ponder on. For the longest time now, I've hated waking up in the morning from my sleep on a restful night. Not something special. However, I hate waking up not because I'm all cozy and warm in my bed but because I dislike the feeling of awakening, a awfully bitter feeling of transition from dream to reality. The actually feeling at wake changes everyday, but almost always feels heavy with something that I can never recall. The reason I'm talking about the Butterfly dream is because my own dream last night was of a similar concept! Amy's passing through Paris for one night on her way back to Grenoble from Amsterdam, so she was also in it. I woke up in my dream next to Amy, sleeping on a queen-sized bed in my room in Ottawa. We had suddenly so much more room to move! I told Amy that my dream of the night was about sleeping on a very narrow bed in my dorm room in Paris and we laughed it off. Little did I know that I would wake up from that too, realizing that I am in fact sleeping on a very narrow bed in my dorm in Paris with Amy's knee jabbing into my thigh!
The following is going to be a short photo blog because writing takes too long!













I went to the Louvre on Friday with Angele, an exchange student from Singapore (free admission every Friday). We definitely happened to put more effort into talking than admiring art. She's a Paris know-it-all already so it was nice getting all the extra information about where to go and where to eat from her! At the same time, I felt like a totally lousy adventurer. It is a crime to stay in and rest on a Saturday afternoon?



A painting of the Emperor Qianlong. It was so moving to see this picture, knowing that it was done right in front of the Emperor. It felt like I was streading history!

On Saturday afternoon, I went to LaFayette with a friend who's on exchange from Poland.



Me in a very expensive cowboy costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment