Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where I've run off to

You'll never believe: I crossed the French border and one entire time zone to spent the weekend with my lovely extended family in Liverpool, England!!! The trip was obviously too short and I'm having a serious case of the blues ever since I returned to Paris. I guess after all these years of moving around on my own and starting anew each time - first Montreal, then Paris, and soon, Germany - hasn't hardened me yet. I'm able to face change and I know how to deal with change, but I dislike change. It's too bad that putting yourself in uncomfortable and lonely situations is the only way to grow. Actually, I'm not sure if I mean what I just wrote about disliking change, but that's how I'm feeling now.


I'm beginning to like this whole teaching strike that's been going on. It sure saved my ass this week! I was getting really stressed out about this oral presentation that I'm supposed to have on Wednesday worth 30% of my mark, but thankfully, it was rescheduled to...April! This is a very good example of why we SHOULD NOT WORRY. Nothing is within your control so just accept the cheesecakes if you're lucky and then deal with the punches one by one, when they come. Feeling stressed and worried is a sign that you've lost sight of the primary purpose in your life, which is enjoying the present moment. Okay okay, so what if I read that last sentence somewhere. =P


Finally, I leave you with a couple of pictures of my stay in Liverpool. For three days in a row, I ate so much I felt I was going to die. Like my insides were going to explode. It's was very unhealthy but everything above the waist felt great! Eating good food is like playing 24, people are always greedy for a little bit more but before you know it BAM you've gone overboard and you have to suffer.



One last thing, if you want to appear more Parisian than you are, just add "En fait..." (the literal translation is "in fact") somewhere in your sentence. It doesn't even need to make sense, but it'll work TRUST ME.


For example, if someone's asking you for directions, just say: "En fait, je crois que c'est par [...]" such and such. In English, you could never answer with: "in fact, it is in that direction," right? It just doesn't make sense and I'm not sure it quite does in French neither but in any case, it'll give you such a power boost, and you'll feel like you actually belonged here.

3 comments:

  1. "Nothing is within your control so just accept the cheesecakes if you're lucky and then deal with the punches one by one, when they come." --> Awesomely said!! I'm gonna remember this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you think too much about food.

    Eating good food is like playing 24, people are always greedy for a little bit more but before you know it BAM you've gone overboard and you have to suffer.

    You made a general statement when really it applies to YOU and probably mostly only YOU.

    Have fun and see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!!! who are you anonymous??? M.Wong I bet!

    ReplyDelete