Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My lab coordinator was just so incredibly hilarious today that I feel the need to share with someone. One thing I love about Parisians is their vocabulary and expressions. I loved the lab lady because she was so outspoken and straightforward - I'm attracted by that kind of personality for some reason, although I don't think I'm like that.

To my lab partner, whom I later found to be a very unresponsive and lazy worker, she said: "Vous là-bas, vous avez l'air complètement septique alors c'est sur vous que je travaille.'' Later, when she was trying explain a concept to him, she says: ''Oui attends, vous me disez des choses mais je ne sais jamais si vous comprenez les bonnes.'' Plus, she was a super nice and helpful, so meeting her today made me happy.

One more thing: my trip to Brussels to visit Mel last weekend! Pictures are on Facebook but I need to tag myself before anyone else can see it, which would be....never I believe? Jk, I will try to upload some of my own tomorrow. I was talking with a friend from Paris today, who told me that Belgians are very 'cute', in the way Chinese people mean it. That reminded me of a 'cute' act Mel and I witnessed in Mechelin (small town 30 minutes from Brussels):



No comments:

Post a Comment