Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stop resisting.

That peaceful realization occured to me today, during my excruciating 2-hour physiology tutorial. That delightful thought came and filled a void, I actually felt the sun shining brighter!

I was trying so hard to pay attention when it came to me that I am not meant to resist whatever situation I encounter. Just taking the example of waking up in the morning: we fight against sleep, fight against gravity, blinding sunshine, maybe a hang-over, disgestion, hunger and most often, time itself to try to make it to our 8:30 class! I think it's time for us to wake up and stop fighting thoughts and states of mind that have no weigh on reality. You can make the world walk at your pace and enjoy that burnt loaf of bread in the morning. All you need is a change of perspective. Everything in this world exists for you, so yah, they can bother
to wait.
During the last couple of days, I bought a very funky pair of shoes for 5 euros, finally encountered beauty in the metro and saw with my own eyes a protest for Tibet. For the last one, there was a banner held up by a line of protesters that read: "we oppose the People's republic of China, not the Han ethnicity." Yes, it's important to make that distinction. However, people who protest just for the sake of protesting really angers me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of the sun shining brighter, it's finally spring in Montreal! Well, almost... I love the photo of the buskers. What kind of music were they playing?

    ReplyDelete