Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cloud surfing on Sunday morning

Sunday brunch at CROUS never disappoints. I think I've mentioned before that there's a student cafeteria on the second floor of my residence. Usually food is stale and disgusting on weekdays but then comes the magical Sunday brunch!!! So this is how it works: for 2.85 euros, you get 6 points, meaning that you can pick 6 items of your choice at the buffet, plus free juice and coffee à volonté. I can't ever comprehend how people can waste 4 points on 3 croissant and one dish of cold chopped tomatoes when there are so many choices. TADA:

Last night was an experiment to remember. It was a bar called the ''Latin Corner'' where women's wish come true lol. So first of all, upon entering, I was shocked to see out of control half-naked [male] waiters. They were like silhouettes of danger waiting to happen. They would randomly hit girls on the butt and pull people's shirts down. [lmao Amy's right, it sounds like a sexual harassment bar] And people pay them to get sexy-time involving whip cream and hairy legs. Fun? Not so much for me than generally awkward and just plain jaw-dropping. Plus, I went with girls who left me releasing pigeons (new Chinese expression learned from my brunch buddy Pan - means ditching) all weekend so I felt a bit sour already for that. Here's a lesson for all : when a Chinese friend asks you to go to a dinner at a Chinese restaurant, it's because she's serious about it and will be looking forward to the event! For the Chinese, going to dinner IS THE PARTY and it doesn't matter what happens afterwards! Comments?

6 comments:

  1. LOL what?? I don't quite understand! What kind of place did you go? And were the waiters girls or guys? and what do you mean they were out of control? Sounds like you're just gonna get sexually harassed if that's not your type of thing lol.
    What is "left me releasing pigeons"? Sounds like a funny expression.....
    *drools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw I am drooling over the food pic. I wish our caf had brunches like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the sunday brunches!! looks like you've been occupied with lots of fun stuff. can't wait to see you again!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. overconsumption. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya.... paris is for me... mmm croissants...
    i can work in that bar

    david

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol amy sounds excited...haha jk
    -Jeanne

    ReplyDelete