Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I never know what title to give so why try.

Give people your full attention. I'm sure you're all familiar with that saying. But it has nothing to do with giving people your attention. It's about you and how much happier you feel when you are fully taking in someone else's words just for the sake of listening. Not like a vacuum, but like...(think Fanyi think)... a photograph.

Tonight, I was planning on working on that lab report I still need to finish for my class before heading back to Paris next week to give a presentation on it but instead, my neighbour David Wippler (I just had to write this name out, sounds too funny) and his friend came over to visit out of the blue. Nice to know someones cares that I'm still alive. haha David is the first person that I met in my building - he came over voluntarily to introduce himself after knowing that I moved into his friend's apartment last week. He's really fun to have around, always chuckling and making big gestures. It's weird, I feel like my social life here, in a city of 30 000, is better than that in Paris. People are so relaxed over here. It's very nice. I just don't want to get too happy too quickly cause I know I will get shot down. I'm always like this. Always keeping myself from being too happy. And that, ladies and gents, could be one of the deepest stuff I've ever divulged on here!

Seriously, I don't like meeting people for the first time. I like meeting people, just not for the first time. You know from experience that they are most probably never what they appear to be, and it would just so nice to cut the laborious dissection of first impressions. High five?

2 comments:

  1. FRANNYI you're one crazy one. you can't keep yourself from being happy, that's like having ethical handcuffs on you all the time. But that only exists in the imaginary realms of the nervous system. So I say submit to happiness.
    Mama-gee had

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well said! Who are you???? Mama-gee had...MAJID? I can't think of anyone else who can distort my name so weirdly like that and it does sound like your kind of nonsense =P nanana

    ReplyDelete