Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Contact with the human race!

My first weekend Germany was greeted with a holiday, which means four days of rest instead of two. I decided to stay in Juelich. Bad choice. There's absolutely nein to do over here. I'm really not trying to be cynical or anything. You know it's bad when sleeping becomes a way to waste time.

But, in the evening, I received a call from Andrew, another RISE intern from UVic that I have never met but emailed a few days ago, after I read a notice on the bulletin board downstairs that he was looking for someone to share the internet with. Turns out he lives right downstairs from me! I haven't met another Canadian for so long so it was great to chat with him. There is actually is an "North American" attitude that is very easy to distinguish. It felt so homey! Also, needless to say that I was glad to meet face-to-face another specimen of the homosapien sapien species, after four days of self-inflicted isolation.

Sleep early today because work starts at 8am in Germany.


And one more thing, I just submitted my first post to the DAAD blog. It should appear tomorrow at the address: www.daad.de/blog. Please give me some feedback! With this whole Paris blog thing, I've come to realize that I sorta like writing so I would really help me improve if I could hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Great daad post. Are you going to post on both blogs, simultaneously from now on, or just the daad one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fanyi. Does it feel weird being away from home for so long?

    ReplyDelete