Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

About a boss and possible friend?

I survived my first week in boonies-town, Germany and came to realize that I like THIS particular boonies. I'm getting along very well with my PhD student. Every morning I come to work and he's smiling and waving hello across his messy table full of chocolate bars and green tea boxes. I get a good second-round of laughter replaying the funny moments that happened during the day.

Nicolai: You should go to the laboratory this morning and join the others, they'll show you what to do. You remember where is it?
Me: Yep, no problem.
Nicolai: Are you sure, cause I can come with you.
Me: It's not in this buiding, right?
Nicolai (jumping up from his chair): Tell me you're kidding.

Later, he cramped up laughing when I told him to get his grant from the DAAD in the form of gummy bears. And then he said:
You know what I like about you, you're a very...spontaneous person. And kind of weird.
I think that description fits me pretty well, and woah, a bulls-eye from someone that I barely know. Now I can go to sleep happy knowing that my efforts weren't wasted. I've been trying to build up weirdo-ness for years! Juuuust kidding.

1 comment:

  1. hahah!
    if this was a facebook post, it would say "[thumb up] Amy likes this"

    ReplyDelete