Quote of the TOday! But not updated everyday

Quand tu tombes en amour, c'est la merde.
(Translation : When you fall in love, it's shit.)
- Louisa

Friday, April 10, 2009

What's the magic word?

*
Mom and John landed this morning in Paris, so for the time being, we're all jammed up in my tiny room! I can't say that I'm real comfortable right now, so it's a VERY excited thought that I will be meeting up with Melanie in Milan on Sunday morning! The current itineary is: Milan - Venice - Florence - Livorno - Pisa - Roma (then Liverpool with extended family, and back to Paris) but there might be some changes along the way. Travelling with parents is weird. I think I still need to add 10 more years before I can fully appreciate the romance of it. I love my mom obviously but some situations and Mom just don't mix! Traveling is one of them.

Trying to get things done in Paris is mental and physical violence. I try to learn from my mistakes and avoid the whirlpool KOs that the administrators throw at us, but I'm running out of ideas about how to do that. The problem is that I want to leave one month early from my residence, and according to the contract, I need the approval of my host university. I went first to the residence office, who sent me to the international office on campus (30 minutes away by foot may I add), who sent me back to my residence office, who sent me back to the international office 1 minutes before it closed, which made the lady very spasmic and the scene was U.G.L.Y.
I swear that EVERYTIME you need to find out an information in Paris, they will send you in circles. No one sympathises with you and everyone feels like they're being incredibly lenient for taking their precious time to listen to your troubles!! And once you run out of patience and try to talk over them like they consistently do to you, they feel like you're harassing them!!! (She actually said "arreter de me harceler et me mettre de la pression"...ME?) So I can't be a push-over nor can I use reason... can someone just tell me the magic word? like "open sesame please?"
*(Notre-Dame at night, during our walk)

2 comments:

  1. I like reading this blog because it's like a guide to surviving university in France. At least...I hope you're surviving...

    Are you coming back to Canada soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha fanyi i saw a french film "auberge espagnole" with amy on youtube (we synchronized online) and when the guy was applying to erasmus he had the exact same experience! the lady was a major bitch n said ur always the same why do u come last minute blah blah, which is weird cuz i thot french ppl get laid a lot but apparently these ppl act like they havent for a long time
    -david

    ReplyDelete